Edinburgh: 0131 610 6261     Dundee: 01382 604416 info@bridgeletting.co.uk


Frequently asked questions

Can I use my own contractors for any maintenance work?

Absolutely, we will hold details of your own contractors and contact them when a maintenance event occurs at your rental property. If you use our trusted local contractors, we don’t take a percentage of the invoice as commission.



Can I let my property with a Letting Agency if I live outside of the United Kingdom? 

Yes, If you live outside of the United Kingdom for 6 months or more per year, you will be classed as a ‘non-resident landlord’ by HMRC.

As letting agents, we are legally required to deduct tax from the rental income of overseas landlords however there are some exceptions that we can discuss with you.

Is your Letting Agency registered with the Scottish Government?

Yes, our letting agent registration number is LARN2105006

A Letting Agent cannot carry out letting agency work until their application has been approved. In Scotland, It is a criminal offence to carry out Letting Agent work without being registered with The Scottish Government. 

Does your letting agency protect landlords’ and tenants’ money? 

Bridge Letting is a member of the Money Shield Client Money Protection Scheme (CMP).  “Client Money”  is money held or rent collected on behalf of a prospective tenant, tenant or landlord.

We also hold Professional Indemnity Insurance and we are registered with Safe Deposits Scotland which is a government approved tenant deposit scheme. This means that you and your tenants can rest assured knowing that your money is safeguarded with us.

When can I expect to receive my rental income each month?

Once we have the rent in cleared funds in our dedicated client account, we will process it making deductions for our fees and any other costs incurred on behalf of the landlord, then forward the remaining funds to the landlord’s bank account by bank transfer.

We transfer the funds within 3 days of receiving the rent in cleared funds from the tenant. 

Will my rental property have an appointed Property Manager?

Yes, having an appointed Property Manager means you and your tenants will have consistency and trust that your Property Manager will understand you and your property’s needs. You and your tenants will have peace of mind in knowing who is visiting the property for routine inspections or accompanied viewings pre-let. 

How much does compliance cost?

Landlord Registration: £67 plus £15 (per property)
EPC: £40-£60
Gas Safety: £50-£80

EICR: £100-£150
Fire Alarms: £100 each
Legionella Risk Assessment: £40-£80
Landlord Insurance: £200

Please note, this is a rough estimate as contractors may charge different rates for safety certificates and remedial work. There may be other costs involved, depending on your property. 


If you know anyone who is considering buying a rental property, looking to let out their property, or switch their current letting agent then please put them in touch with us today and you will both receive a £125 cash reward! 

Visit our Landlord Referral Scheme page for more information 

If you would like us to contact you with more information on our offers and services, please leave your email below.