Edinburgh: 0131 610 6261     Dundee: 01382 604416 info@bridgeletting.co.uk


Our Landlord Guide

Register as a Landlord
It is a legal requirement to register as a Landlord with the local authority before you can advertise and let the property. 

If you’re planning to rent your property out to 3 or more unrelated people, you will also need a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) Licence

Obtain Consent
You must obtain consent to let the property from any joint owners of the property and if the property is mortgaged, the lender. Some mortgages have terms and conditions therefore if you let your property without consulting them you might break your contract.

When you rent out your property, it may have an impact on your existing Buildings & Contents insurance.
You should discuss your plans to rent out your property with your insurer as they will give you advice on the most suitable cover.

Landlord Safety Certificates 
There are certain safety regulations that must be met prior to and during the letting of your property. If required, we can arrange the following safety certificates on your behalf using our trusted local contractors;

  • Gas Safety Certificate
  • Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) 
  • Portable Appliance Test Certificate (PAT)
  • Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
  • Legionnaires Risk Assessment

Looking to let a property? 

We offer free, impartial advice via email to anyone looking to let a rental property or is currently letting a property. Simply fill in your details below and we will be in touch within 24 hours. 


15 + 13 =


If you know anyone who is considering buying a rental property, looking to let out their property, or switch their current letting agent then please put them in touch with us today and you will both receive a £125 cash reward! 

Visit our Landlord Referral Scheme page for more information 

If you would like us to contact you with more information on our offers and services, please leave your email below.